Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ready to Go!

Chapter One in Florida has come to a close today. We moved from California to Florida last May, and nearly one year later I have moved on from my first job at Walt Disney World. I never stay at any one department in Disney very long!

This time is just like most times when I move to a new role. I am so ready for a new adventure! But I will sure miss the friends I have made. I will not miss Guests yelling at me on the phone about their gift baskets! But I will miss the silly things that made us laugh and the women along side me who have become my friends.

I have really learned to cherish friendships while they are happening, because change is constant, and nothing stays the same very long! I have memories in my mind, snapshots I consciously took with my eyes and ears. I will bring those with me, and keep in touch with the great women I have met, and let the door swing closed behind me on the bad things. Here we go!

Tomorrow is day one of training for my new role, working Front Desk at Disney's Art of Animation. I will be wearing my old maternity slacks I dug out of a box tonight, because the skin tight slacks from pre-pregnancy are gonna bust a button if I sit in those in a class all day tomorrow! Oh my! I have 20 pounds to go still to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The question now is, how many ways can you wear gray maternity slacks??

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment